Fall 2019 is off to a great start at Midwest Counseling! We’ve welcomed new clinicians to our team and soon will be introducing a new group for graduate students, as well as one for people who need meal support. Our clinicians are speaking at upcoming events you can attend—and appearing on public radio too.
Read on for details about all of the above…
Say hello at an upcoming event.
In Chicago? In October and November, Midwest Counseling clinicians will be leading discussions and presentations in the city:
Panel: “Your Financial Health and Wealth: Making Yourself a Priority”
- On October 30th, Dr. Mimi Neathery, Psy.D., will join a group of mental health and finance experts at the Ivy Room to talk about how individuals can change their mindsets around money—not only to reduce stress, but also to gain tools that can help them move forward. Tickets are $10, and the event is open to the public. Register to join us!
IPA 2019 Annual Convention
- On November 15th, Dr. Danielle Doucette, Psy.D., CEDS, will be presenting on treatment for chronic depression at the Illinois Psychological Association’s 2019 convention alongside Dr. Abby Brown of Cityscape Counseling. Keiana Winters, LCPC, will also be contributing to the session to highlight clinical considerations in treating chronic depression in African Americans. Be sure to check out the convention’s full program, and register early to get a discounted rate.
Learn about our new groups.
We’ve recently added two new groups to our roster of group therapy and skills training sessions:
Graduate Student Group
- Julia Meo, LCSW, CADC, is leading a group for graduate students of all genders and disciplines as they navigate the overwhelming, competitive, and highly demanding graduate school experience. It’s a space to process the day-to-day stressors of graduate school with peers who can truly relate. For more information, or to schedule an intake meeting, contact Julia at (312) 715-7608.
- Meets: Mondays, 5 PM – 6 PM
- Costs: $30 per session
Meal Support Group
- Maggie Garrity, RDN, LDN, is leading a four-week series that provides guidance on portion sizing for normalized dinner meals. This group will be useful for people having difficulties with making meal decisions in the moment, rules governing food choices, and restrictive eating patterns. An individual does not have to be working with a Midwest Counseling dietitian or therapist to participate. Contact Maggie at (414) 459-9338 to schedule an intake meeting, or to learn more.
- Meets: Thursdays, 6:15 PM – 7:15 PM
- Costs: $20 per session
Meet our new clinicians.
We’re excited to announce that there are new additions to our team:
- Alana Kingsley, Psy.D., specializes in helping people who are struggling with grief, depression, and body image issues. She has experience treating young and emerging adults who struggle with major depression, relationship difficulties, family conflict, low self-worth, and issues related to grief and loss.
- Meredith McQuiston, LCSW, CADC, RYT, helps individuals and couples explore issues related to substance abuse and addiction, codependency, depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and LGBTQ+ identity.
To inquire about options for therapy with Alana, Meredith, or another member of our team of highly trained clinicians, contact intake director Rose Metivier, LCPC, NCC, at rose@https://midwestcounseling.com/ or (312) 291-9570.
Listen to us on the radio!
Dr. Doucette was a guest on Illinois Public Media and its statewide news talk show, The 21st. She discussed recently released weight loss apps for children and how they impact kids’ mental health and body image. You can listen to the segment here.
The year may be coming to a close, but we won’t be slowing down. Watch for more exciting news from Midwest Counseling in November. In the meantime, stay in touch with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.